When: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday, October 5, 2013
Where: Institute of the Americas, UCSD
$20 for early birds by Sept 30, $30 for online regular registration by Oct. 03; $50 for onsite registration (cash or check onsite); $10 off for students and postdocs. Fees include program brochure, continental breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch and onsite reception.
The 9th SABPA Pacific Forum will be held on Saturday Oct. 5, 2013 at the Institute of the Americas, UCSD. As one of the flagship annual conferences organized by SABPA, Pacific Forum (PF) draws about 300 life sciences professionals from across the Pacific every year. The main themes of this year’s conference will include 1) cross-border collaborations in the pharmaceutical and biotech field that have effectively integrated resources to fuel innovative R&D and business in the Pacific Rim, and 2) recent trends in applying genomic technologies to improving human healthcare. Senior leaders from the R&D divisions of pharmaceutical and biotech companies, international IP experts, world-renowned researchers from universities and academic institutions, and executives of organizations from the Asia Pacific region will share their insights on a variety of exciting topics at this event.
• William Brody, MD, PhD - President, Salk Institute
• Steven Adams, PhD, DVM - Chief Operating Officer, Oncology Research, Pfizer
• Yan Chen, PhD, - Professor and Director, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences (SIBS), Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Peng Chen, PhD, JD - Partner, Morrison & Foerster
• Will Liu, Ph.D. - Head of External Innovation, R&D Beijing Hub, Merck Serono
• Other key opinion leaders in academia and business sectors